Thursday, September 16, 2010

Joan Marguerite Rankin

September 11, 1938 ~ September 11, 2010
"I am with my family in thought and prayer"


The word family holds different meanings for different people. I may assume that being with family means connecting with the people who brought me into this world and raise me, those who shaped me during my formative years. But I may also consider my family to be the people with whom I share time, energy and love, either at home, at church, at work or at play. While I would like to spend time with my family regularly, my physical presence may not be possible. Nevertheless, I can call, write or e-mail them, and I can be with them in my thoughts and prayers at all times. In truth, I am never far from those I love, the people I know as family. We are one in spirit.



"Whenever we have an opportunity, let us work

for the good of all, and especially for those of the family of faith."

Galatians 6:10




















Joan Marguerite Rankin age 72 of Orlando, passed away on Saturday, September 11th, 2010. She was born in Cleveland Ohio the daughter of Eugene and Ida (Newman) Cary. Joan was employed as a Real Estate Legal Secretary and a member of Calvary Assembly Church. She leaves to cherish her memory daughter Katherine Elizabeth Halstead of Orlando; two sons William James Rankin of Geneva and David Andrew Rankin of Maitland; sister Meryl McCoy of Alexandria, Virginia and six grandchildren. There will be a family gathering in celebration of her life on Saturday, September 18, 2010 at 4:00 pm at 221 Wood Lake Drive, Maitland Florida.

No comments: