Friday, July 19, 2013

Marcus Lamar Johnson


Marcus Lamar Johnson was called home to be with his Savior and Lord on Wednesday, July 10, 2013.  He was born on October 21, 1973 to John W. Johnson and Edna M. Clay in Orlando, Florida.  A lifelong Floridian, he was employed as a chef and was a member of New Life Ministries.

He is predeceased by his father John Wesley Johnson Sr; grandparents Addie Lee Clay, Eddie Clay and Candacy Johnson.  Marcus leaves to cherish his memory, mother Edna M. Johnson; brothers John W. Johnson Jr, Keith Johnson; aunts and uncles Dosie Lee Weatherspoon (John), Mattie Mallett, Zedora Weatherspoon (James), Joseph B. Clay (Wanda), Irene Thomas, Lousie Smith (Leroy), Leroy Johnson (Esther) Cardell Barker (Geneva); great aunts Ann Morrison, Rosa Bowles, Rosetta Townsend, Mary Francis Clay, Calvin Jones (Jackie) William Hawkins; three lovely nieces Stephanie M. Johnson, Keitia J. Johnson, Keitresse M. Johnson; and a host of loving cousins and friends.

The family will be receiving friends at Dobbs Funeral Home on Saturday, July 20, 2013 from 11:00 am until 12:00 pm.  The funeral service will follow visitation with  Elder Joseph B. Clay officiating.




Twenty Third Psalm

The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters. He restores my soul, He leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for Thou art with me, thy rod and thy staff they comfort me. Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies; thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life; and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.

13 comments:

Mattie Jones said...

You have my sincere sympathy for the passing of Marcus. I hope you will be comforted by Jesus' promise of the resurrection(Acts 24:15)when all those who have fallen asleep in death, will raised up and restored back to life, with the prospect of eternal life, on the renewed Paradise earth.-John 5:28,29; Luke 23:43. Until you are reunited with your loved one again, may Jehovah God grant you peace and comfort, during this time of sorrow.-Matthew 5:4.

Anonymous said...

I was saddened to hear that Marcus had passed away, but what helped bring comfort was to find that the Bible speaks of a time when death will be done away with:


Isa. 25:8, 9: “He will actually swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces. . . . And in that day one will certainly say: ‘Look! This is our God. We have hoped in him, and he will save us. This is Jehovah. We have hoped in him. Let us be joyful and rejoice in the salvation by him.’”


Also at John 5:28, 29: “Do not marvel at this, because the hour is coming in which all those in the memorial tombs will hear his voice and come out, those who did good things to a resurrection of life, those who practiced vile things to a resurrection of judgment.”


I know you will still experience pain, grief, and sorrow but I hope that these scriptures will bring some measure of comfort to you.

Unknown said...

To the Family.

I am sorry for the lost of your family member and dear friend. I have an encouraging message that I would like to share with you from God’s Word the Bible.

Like many people we all want to live and enjoy life with the ones we have lost to this aged-old-enemy death. Sadly, though because of health issues, injustice, crimes and old age we have to suffer the pain when ones fall asleep in death.

In the Bible at John 5:28,29 Christ Jesus states that all those in the memorial tombs (graves) will hear his voice and come out. These ones according to Psalm 37:11 will be resurrected right here on the earth.

The Bible also gives us comfort and hope at Revelation 21:3-5 which assures us that the day is soon to come in which our Heavenly Father is going to wipe away the tears of sorrow from our eyes forever and death will be no more.

I hope that after reading this that it will be of comfort to each of you.

To learn more as to why we die and what hope for our loved ones, please feel free to go to the website: jw.org.

Marquetta Williams said...

I have decided after 6 months to the day to finally leave a comment here-because earlier it was just too hard to bear. I KNOW my honeybun is in Heaven-as much as he was in pain sometimes, he always had a smile on his face for me and did something or said something to make me laugh. I know I did the best I could to keep his spirits up, throughout the circumstances. He was and is still to me a beautiful human being and an inspiration to me-everyday that I wake up I feel enourmous saddness, but I am slso BLESSED that the Lord Jesus Christ thought enough of me for me to have known this man and love him with ALL my heart. I still remember his beautiful smile when I made him happy, (or if his Gators beat my Bulldogs in football.) It was a rivalry but a fun one. He never ceased to amaze me with his incredible spirit and I have loved Marcus Lamar Johnson for 12 and 1/2 years and will love him until the day I die. Until I see you again Honeybun, I love you.

Marquetta

Marquetta Williams said...

Today marks one year that God decided to call my honeybun home to be with him. It hasn't been easy for me, but I do know that he would want me to continue life and be successful. I miss his personality, his smile, and most of all his love for me. Marcus you mean the world to me, and I will love you until the day I die. God Bless you. I LOVE you.

Marquetta said...

I leave this comment in a lot of pain for losing you...I still don't know why-I am left with your memories and the raising of our daughter (cat)and the new year will NEVER be the same without you. Honeybun it doesn't matter I still love you and cherish everyday we spent together and will LOVE you until the day I die. Until I see you again baby,

Marquetta Williams (

Marquetta said...

I leave a comment in love to my best friend, and my partner in life, marking the two year anniversary that you left me to be with God. I still love you honey and I thank you for all the memories you gave me and I will never forget you.

Loving you always,

Marquetta

Marquetta Williams said...

Still missing you...

Marquetta Williams said...

Marcus would have been 43 years old this past Oct. 21. I'm still missing you honey. Can't wait until I see you again. I love you.

Marquetta Williams said...

I lost you four years ago yesterday. I love you now as I always have. May God bless you baby and keep you by his right hand side always. I will NEVER forget you. I LOVE YOU.

Marquetta

Marquetta Williams said...

Happy Birthday baby on what would have been your 44th. God bless you and I love you always.

Marquetta Williams said...

Five years ago today I lost the love of my life. I love you babe. Now and always-loyalty. I have not or never will forget you. You have my word on that. I love you.

Marquetta

mcthete said...

find more infowhy not look here have a peek at this web-siteLearn More Here this pagetheir website