Thursday, March 24, 2011

Celebrating the life of Myron Ranelin, Jr.


Myron Ranelin, Jr. age 83 of Orlando, Florida passed away on Sunday, March 20, 2011 at Dr. Phillips Hospital.

Myron was born on September 12, 1927 in Steubenville Ohio to Bertha and Myron Sr. Myron graduated from Steubenville High School, West Virginia State College and The Ohio State University Law School. He practiced law in Steubenville for 34 years. He is preceded in death by sisters Penelope Kent and Francis Bowman, and brother Kenneth Ranelin. He leaves to cherish his memories, wife Betty Ranelin, sister Lottie Cottrell, children Myron Ranelin III, Deidra Ranelin Barker and Janine Ranelin Lee, granddaughters Jasmine Lee, Jerica Lee and Mia Barker, grandsons Charles Standiford and Donovan Barker and other relatives and friends.

A memorial service will be held by the family in Orlando, Florida

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't personally know Mr. Ranelin but I wanted to give my regards to the family. In times of loss and sorrow, the scriptures can comfort our grieving hearts. An encouraging
thought is found at 1 Corinthians
15:21,22- "For since death is through is man, resurrection of the dead is also through a man. For just as in Adam, all are dying. So also in the Christ, all will be made alive."

Unknown said...

Ms. Ranelin and Family:

Words can not begin to express my sorrow in learning of the loss of your husband, father and grandfather. Please know that my family's thoughts and prayers are with you. I will never forget the first time I met Mr. Ranelin (Deidra and I were traveling to DC for a conference). He was so interesting and funny. He made me feel like I was one of the family during that very short visit.

I know that everyone has wonderful memories of him. I hope that your memories along with the love, prayers and support from your friends and family help see you through this difficult time.

Keeping you all in prayer,
Debbie Tatum Sullivan
(Deidra's friend from OSU)

Unknown said...

Mr. Ranelin was a regular substitute teacher at Memorial Middle School when I was there and was my favorite. He would tell us about being a lawyer and encourage us to do well in school. He is why I wanted to be a lawyer and pursued that dream until I realized it wasn't what I wanted to do anymore, but the message behind the dream stayed with me.
He crossed my mind this morning, and I had hoped he was still alive for me to thank him. I guess these words will have to do.