Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Curtis Leonard Brookfield


Curtis Leonard Brookfield of Orlando, Fl. Passed away on Friday, June 30, 2023. Curtis was a loving husband, father, grandfather, son, brother, and friend to all. He was born in Camp Lejeune, North Carolina on October 26, 1962. Curtis married the love of his life Sonya Brookfield 38 years ago. They went through every day struggles as a couple. Leading them to find the Retrouvaille community that helped them enrich their marriage. Which taught them techniques on how to grow in their marriage, faith and love for one another. They loved the community so much they decided to give back by getting fully involved in the program. Saving marriages for the last 28 years. Curtis has been an inspiration to many men and women throughout his entire life. He was involved in the men’s club at his church, St. Andrew Catholic Community. He loved being with his community by serving coffee and donuts after mass on Sunday’s. Curtis was a hardworking man up to the very end. He was in the construction industry and a very hands-on type of guy. Curtis was a man of many talents who wore many hats. 

He is preceded in death by his Father (Charles Brookfield). He is survived by his wife (Sonya Lynn Brookfield) 4 Children (Corey Brookfield, Sadie Durning, Candace Brookfield, and Corene Brookfield) Mother (Charlene Brookfield) Brother (Carl Brookfield) Sisters (Caroline Brookfield, Colleen Bruhn, Claire Bednar, and Christine Brookfield) and 2 grandchildren (Jaiden and Noah Brookfield). Of all Curtis’s talents, the one he mastered was the role of “Papa”. His favorite thing at the end of the day was watching the sunset with his “partners” (Jaiden and Noah). We love you forever Curt, Dad, Papa, Son, Brother, and friend to all. Until we meet again in paradise.

The family will be receiving friends on Thursday, July 6, 2023 from 6:00 pm until 8:00 pm.  The vigil will  be held at 7:00 pm with Deacon Don Warner.  The funeral service will be held at 10:00 am, Friday, July 7, 2023 at St. Andrew Catholic Church  with Father Leo officiating.

 

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending love and prayers to all Curtis's loved ones. May the Holy Spirit comfort you all in this sad time. Remember Jesus promised, in His Father's house are many rooms, He prepares a place for each of us. I know it's beautiful and Curt is with his dad. ๐Ÿ™ ๐Ÿ•ฏ️

Anonymous said...

From Joanne Hunnell Dryburgh & family

Candace Brookfield said...

Please see below for details on services:
We will have a vigil:
Thursday night July 06, 2023 from 6-8pm
Dobbs funeral home
430 N. Kirkman Rd. Orlando, FL. 32811.

Funeral:
Friday July 07,2023 at 10am
St. Andrew Catholic Church
801 N. Hastings St. Orlando, Fl. 32811.

Lynn Williams said...

I heard the news about Curtis. I can’t even begin to understand what you are feeling, but I wanted to let you know that I am praying for you and your family during this difficult time.

Anonymous said...

Words can not express what and how I feel about Curtis. He was always friendly and kind and helpful.
He loved the roll he fulfilled at Retrouvaille and his community.
He will forever be in our ๐Ÿ’•. Otis and Julia Fleeton.

Dina Moya said...

Curtis, even though we were not blood, you were a big brother. I will forever hold you dear in a special place in my heart. Much love and prayers to those that loved him! The Stevens/Moya Family.

Tom and Betsy said...

Curtis will always be on n our heart. I still recall him telling me when he hugged a person he would give them a kiss on their shoulder. It was special. God be with you all!

Caroline Brookfield said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Caroline Brookfield said...

I can't thank you enough sharing of the kiss on the shoulder. I tried commenting when I was half asleep and it came out as gibberish.
these little special moments will go far as the grandkids grow and we can explain to them who their grandpa really was.

Caroline Brookfield said...

I'm sorry, he is forever thier Papa๐ŸŒน

Anonymous said...

Joanne Hunnell Dryburgh

Anonymous said...

I'm writing this to the Brookfield family because I want them to know how much I appreciate their friendship and hospitality when I moved to Florida in 1989, I was very homesick I met Caroline soon after, we became quick friends!๐Ÿ˜ (our kids were friends first ) Caroline and I had many long wonderful conversations and one of the first times we talked about our families we noticed a lot of similarities and names and different things and both of our dad's names were Charles her dad had stroke on Dec. 26, passed on 27th, my dad died the day after Christmas, her mom's name and her daughter's name are Charlene and my sister's name was Charlene, her daughter's name is Christy and we have Char's daughter Kristen. on top of that we had just a lot of similarities and from that moment on, I knew, that God had placed her in my life ๐Ÿ™and her entire family ❤️ we got to celebrate babies births, holidays and birthdays with them, and I just want Caroline s Mom to know, that I really appreciate how she raised her kids๐ŸŒน because they're all great people with good hearts and I really appreciate the Catholic, Christian, Southern Hospitality and love from your entire family. Thank you so much for being my Florida family.✌️❤️๐ŸŒน๐Ÿ™๐Ÿ™Joanne Hunnell Dryburgh